Ocean Shipping Consultants
OSC was formed in 1985 as an independent economic consultancy company, specialising in shipping economics and port development. The company has developed an unequalled database for trade, port and shipping data, together with considerable accumulated expertise on the part of the principals and consultants who comprise the OSC team. In April 2011 OSC was acquired by Royal Haskoning.
Types of assignments undertaken by OSC include:
- Economic Feasibility Studies
- Port Development Projects
- Project Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Newbuilding Vessel Demand and Pricing
- Transport Systems Comparisons
- Commodity Forecasting
- Freight Market Analysis
- Barging/Inland Transport Studies
- Materials Handling Equipment
- Market Studies
- Transhipment Analysis
- Shipping Costs Studies
- Shipbuilding Market Studies
- Expert Witness
Areas of specialist expertise include:
- Container Shipping and Port Development (container, reefer, intermodal, ports, terminals, handling)
- Shipyard and Newbuilding Studies (shipbuilding, shiprepair)
- Bulk Shipping Markets (bulk carrier, freight rates, spot market, time charter)
- Cement Trade & Shipping
- Liquid Bulk Shipping Markets
- Passenger Shipping
- Offshore Markets
Ocean Shipping Consultants is highly regarded throughout world shipping markets in general, and has been at the forefront of independent market analysis and appraisal in many shipping sectors - including dry bulk, tanker, container, gas, offshore, cruise, general cargo - for a number of years.
The company has published in-depth, analytical market reports on all aspects of international trade, shipping and commodity handling - these reports have been repeatedly purchased by the world's major shipping companies, financial institutions, ports, shipyards, commodity traders, equipment manufacturers etc. Consequently, the OSC name has become synonymous with high-quality, independent trade and shipping-market analysis.
This applies to all major types of international shipping - including crude carriers, product tankers, bulk carriers, containerships, gas carriers, reefer ships, ro-ro vessels, cruise ships, ferries, self-unloaders, general cargo vessels and offshore vessels.
Please click here to view a list of publications available for purchase